BRIEF: Fire damages home in Ector County
Feb 14, 2013 (Odessa American - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) --
A kitchen fire in Ector County left a rental home uninhabitable Wednesday evening.
Odessa Fire and Rescue responded to the blaze at about 6:15 p.m. and extinguished it within about five minutes. The residents of the home, at 6114 Beatty Ave., couldn't be found, said Battalion Chief Danny Wyatt, and the cause of the fire wasn't clear.
The fire stemmed from the kitchen area, where it caused heavy heat and smoke damage, Wyatt said. Smoke damaged the rest of the house, too, and firefighters were seen pulling down chunks of ceiling to make sure the fire hadn't spread to the attic. The fire did not spread to the attic.
No foul play was suspected, Wyatt said.
OFR reported a grass and trash fire at the same location a few weeks ago.
Follow Odessa American on twitter @OdessaAmerican, like us on Facebook at Odessa American or call 432-333-7714 for the main newsroom line.
___ (c)2013 the Odessa American (Odessa, Texas) Visit the Odessa American
(Odessa, Texas) at www.oaoa.com Distributed by MCT Information Services
[ Back To Transforming Network Infrastructure's Homepage ]